Flood Safety and Tips
What To Do After Home Flooding
After a flood has occurred in your home, water damage happens FAST. Here are a few steps you can take after you’ve determined the safety of your home:
- Remove all valuable items to a dry, safe place.
- Turn on your AC for maximum drying potential.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpet. (Be careful, wet material is VERY heavy.)
- To protect furniture legs, use wood blocks to prop them up away from wet carpet.
- Pick up all loose items from the floor.
- Remove excess water by mopping/blotting the best you can.
- Remove any wet upholstery.
What NOT To Do After Flooding Occurs
There are a few extra precautions you can take to avoid extra water damage when a flood affects your home.
- Hang wet fabrics, furs, and leathers up away from water to dry.
- Pick up any colored items on your wet floors.
- Avoid using any electronic appliances until your home has been properly inspected for safety.
- Stay away from rooms with sagging ceilings.
- Don’t try to use your household vacuum to remove water from floors.
If you are weary of entering your home at all, please do not risk it. AAA Service Company is a team of well-trained, experienced professionals that can properly determine the safety of your home from dangerous damage to invisible mold. Call AAA today, we’re available 24/7 for fire damage and water damage restoration services.