Space Heater Safety

Typically, we think of space heaters as small, simple solutions for a warmer home. But have you given any thought to how dangerous they can be? Normally, if a fire is started by a space heater, it’s because the unit is too close to something that’s flammable like a mattress or bedding or even toys on the floor. Here are some ideas on preventing a fire when using a space heater:

          Give the space heater a radius of about 3 feet from anything in the room, including children.

          Make sure the unit is on a flat surface with no chance of falling over.

          See that your unit has an auto shut-off feature before you purchase.

          Don’t use extension cords – plug units directly into the wall.

          Fuel burning space heaters take a little more effort – be sure to only refill outside or in a properly ventilated area and keep a window open for the duration it’s on.

Learning how space heaters can be the culprit of a house fire can help you to understand what steps you should take to avoid major fire damage. Sometimes, people take these steps and accidents still happen – just know to call AAA Service Company if you’re in Memphis and have been affected by the serious damages of fire!

Connect With Us

Contact Info

  1369 Farmville Rd Memphis TN 38122

  (901) 753-4432

  info@memphiscleanup.com

  Mon - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm

  24/7 Emergency Services