Fourth Of July – Avoid Fire Damage!
Celebrating with family and friends on the Fourth of July is tradition, but are you making sure safety is a top priority when you’re all together?
Avoid accidents, hospital trips, and potential losses from paying close attention to these fire safety tips & facts we found. (*)
- Probably no surprise here, but July 4th is America’s top beer-consumption day. Being under the influence can lead to potentially dangerous situations. Make sure there are designated people around keeping everyone else in check.
- Never, we repeat, NEVER try to relight a “dud”. This can be extremely dangerous.
- Always light your fireworks away from your home/others’ property to avoid unnecessary damage. Structure fires start quickly this way. Even in your spacious backyard, take a look around and make sure hot debris from your fireworks won’t be falling on anyone’s sheds/pets/homes/vehicles/etc.
- Keep the fire extinguisher or plenty of water around, just in case. Ever heard the saying “better safe than sorry”?
- Don’t ever point or light fireworks in someone’s direction. A fake-out can turn quickly into serious injury.
We know it’s simple logic, but when you’re having fun sometimes a laugh or a good time can seem a little bit more important than the safety of others. Make sure you’re taking the proper precautions to avoid fire damage to your (or anyone else’s) home!